- The winners represent 37 countries worldwide: Australia, Austria, Belarus, Brazil, Canada, China, Cyprus, Denmark, Ethiopia, Finland, France, Germany, India, Italy, Jordan, Kyrgyzstan, Lithuania, Moldova, Oman, Poland, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Switzerland, Tanzania, Turkey, Uganda, UK, Ukraine, USA, Venezuela, and Zimbabwe
- The total of 70 from more than 200 participants were awarded with medals.
- More than 400 exhibits were registered.
- 100 medals have been distributed, including: 41 Gold, 31 Silver and 28 Bronze Medals
- Participants from Slovakia brought home the greatest total number of medals - 15, Russia and the UK share 2nd place with 10 medals each and 3rd place with 7 medals go to Brazilian beekeepers.
- Tentorium Apicompany (Russia) and Ms Aida ISKENOVA (Kyrgyz Union of Beekeepers, Kyrgyzstan) were the most awarded participants - they received 5 medals each
For the first time in its history, the XXXXIII International Congress Apimondia will hold this World Beekeeping Awards Contest according to internationally harmonized standards, with the jury consisted of members from all 5 continents.
More than 150 prizes will be awarded in three categories:
- Individual classes of awards are designed for passionate fans of beekeeping, seeking to win international recognition for their honey and beeswax.
- Commercial classes are for professional producers, who are willing to show their skills, a high level of product and packaging quality for different types of honey, their honey drinks and beeswax as well as commercial show windows. For the first time, prestigious awards will be given to celebrate the most extraordinary exhibits.
- Classes for Apimondia contests concern a traditional and favorite competition, where everything related to bees and beekeeping, from books and photos to ApiEkspo stands and advanced innovations will be presented. Special classes "to 18" were designed for the youngest friends of bees.
Five reasons why you can't afford yourself to miss the WBA 2013!
- Prizes – medals, certificates and trophies will be distributed to the winners in 49 classes.
- Perfection – an opportunity to receive feedback for your products from international judges, leading global professionals in beekeeping industry.
- Recognition – a unique platform to demonstrate the success of your business in the apiculture industry..
- Test – chance to challenge the best of the best within the industry.
- Celebration – an invitation to a glittering awards ceremony and closing ceremony of the Apimondia Congress to celebrate this event with the world’s beekeeping elite.