ХХХХІІІ International Apimondia Congress
- Time – 29 September - 4 October 2013
- Location - International Exhibition Centre, Brovarsky Ave 15, Kyiv.
- Motto – “Discover the European Honeyland”
- Main advantages - the most prestigious, massive and comprehensive event in beekeeping, both on domestic and global level.
- Size of event – the third in scope, after the Eurovision Song Contest 2005 and the European Football Championship 2012 event in Ukraine.
- Organizers - The Organizing Committee of the XXXXIII Apimondia International Congress (formed by the signing of the Letter of Agreement on September 16, 2009 in Montpellier (France) and implemented on September 19, 2009) consists of the representatives of the International Federation of Beekeepers’ Associations Apimondia, and Ukrainian representatives - members of the national beekeeping organizations "Beekeepers’ Brotherhood of Ukraine” and the "Beekeepers Union of Ukraine", also Director of Ukrainian Agricultural Products Quality and Safety Laboratory, Director of the International Exhibition Center and Director of Tourism agency "Terra Incognita.
- Official support in 2009 – The official Support is provided by the governmental organizations. The official letters were sent to the President of Apimondia from: Prime Minister of Ukraine, Ministry of Agriculture and Food of Ukraine, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine, Ministry of Culture and Tourism of Ukraine, Kiev City Administration, Ukrainian National University of bio-resources and nature exploitation, Ukrainian Agricultural Products Quality and Safety Laboratory, P.I. Prokopovych Institute of Beekeeping” National Scientific Center, Ukrainian International Airlines. "Terra Incognita" travel agency and the exhibition company, International Exhibition Centre, etc.
- Official support in 2011 - On June 6, 2011, the President of Ukraine Viktor Yanukovych signed the order “On supporting of the International Congress Apimondia by the President of Ukraine” in order to promote the development of domestic beekeeping, to strengthen the image of Ukraine in the world and consolidate the international affairs. Also the Organizing Committee of the 43rd International Apimondia Congress received a letter of support from the Prime Minister of Ukraine Mykola Azarov. On July 14, 2011, the Organizing Committee of the XXXXIII International Apimondia Congress members and the Ministry of Agriculture and Food of Ukraine representatives signed the protocol of Intentions and the program of mutual cooperation in the preparation and holding the 43rd International Apimondia Congress in 2013. The Organizing Committee of the Apimondia Congress received an official support from the Ministry of Agriculture and Food Industry of the Autonomous Republic of Crime.
- Participants - more than 12 000 beekeeping industry representatives, from over 100 countries - the leading industry experts and specialists, scientists, international and national organizations representatives, public figures, manufacturers of beekeeping equipment and , veterinary products and other products related with beekeeping; exporters and importers of beekeeping products and also beekeepers both amateurs and professionals.
- Scientific program - the scientific direction of Apimondia Congress will be carried under the title: Beyond the Hive: Beekeeping and Global Challenges, and will be dedicated to studying of the potential of beekeeping industry in solving of the global problems facing humanity today. We believe that in today's dynamic and globalized world the beekeeping science have to reach beyond the narrow field of specialization and take an active position in finding solutions to such important issues as environmental pollution and exhaustion of natural resources, poverty and social inequality, cultural barriers, pandemics, and diseases of human civilization. Having discovered one of the greatest wonders of nature, bee family and its products, we have to think how we can use their miraculous power to make our world better.
- Scientific program consists of: 7 plenary sessions of the Apimondia standing commissions; 5 plenary sessions of the Regional Apimondia commissions that will represent main achievements of the experts from five parts of the world; 16 thematic symposia within the seven Scientific Committees and the section of social and cultural aspects of beekeeping, proposed by the Ukrainian Organizing Committee; 4 Round Tables on the most important issues and problems of beekeeping.
- The scientific conferences are going to be held with the participation
of over 800 scientists from around the world that represent about 400
scientific papers and over 800 poster presentations.The official language of
the scientific program is going to be English. Also is going to be provided the
simultaneous translation into Ukrainian and Russian languages.
- Working languages are : main (English, French, Spanish, Russian, Ukrainian, German) and additional (Korean, Chinese, Japanese). All informational materials will be prepared in these languages, as well as simultaneous translation will be held in these languages during the scientific program of the Congress and live broadcasting. Additional languages will be fully or partially involved in case of sufficient applications clearance for these.
- ApiEXPO-2013 - International Exhibition ApiEXPO-2013 will be held with the participation of at least 300 participants from around the world. International Exhibition Centre has 58 000 square meters for beekeeping companies from all over the world, so they can offer their products for thousands of beekeepers who want to find the best and latest in terms of sanitation, nutrition, veterinary medicine, apitherapy, tools, equipment, clothing, machinery, services materials, technology and other products associated with boost of productivity and innovation.
- Honey World Championship - more than 100 nominations for honey, beeswax, honey drinks and other beekeeping products with new, harmonized quality standards, as well as for innovations, inventions, collections, printing etc.
- Cultural and Social Program – There are going to be organized a lot of different events such as: the grand Opening and Closing Ceremony of the Congress, the national parties, flash mobs, promotions and contests for visitors, new records setting for Ukraine and Guinness book of records and etc. Also a number of priority Social and Cultural projects such as "Show Room", "Video room", “Apimondia open to the public”, "Apimondia for Children", "Gallery of Contemporary Art", "International Museum of Beekeeping" and this is not the whole list of events that will be provided to attract more people to participate in the Apimondia Congress.
- Contest Program (for Ukrainian participants) – The Contest program has an aim to find and show the most interesting, creative, informative and modern topics in Ukrainian beekeeping. It will have a lot of activities such as photography contest, contest of literary works, scientific popular and reference informative articles contest; contests for children and young audiences, etc. The winners will be awarded with the Certificate of the Full Delegate of the XXXXIII International Apimondia Congress. In addition, the best exhibits will be selected to be shown during the Apimondia Congress. And the smallest winners in the competitions for the children will receive special sweet and interesting prizes.
- Apimondia Sessions - Two scheduled General Assembly sessions of the Apimondia International Federation of Beekeepers’ Associations will be held within Congress, during which major issues concerning the functioning and existence of organization will be examined and approved, such as: charter changes, Apimondia Executive Board members and Science Commissions Presidents shifting, work planning for the upcoming years, forums and conferences planning, prior years financial statements and planning for the upcoming years, new members adoption and old members exclusion for violation or failure to pay the contribution, the election of the country that will host the next International Apimondia Congress in four years etc.
- Tourist program – several sightseeing tours over the most prominent monuments and attractions of Kyiv, one-day technical tours over beekeepers facilities in Kyiv and Kyiv region, many pre- and post-tours over the beekeeping and tourist sights of Ukraine - all that is proposed for delegates and everyone interested to meet and share experience with beekeepers and their apiaries, apiarian products manufacturers and their enterprises, to visit beekeeping museums and scientific institutions, Ukrainian nature and significant historical and cultural monuments of Ukraine in within the Tourist program of the Congress.
- Internet broadcasting of all events and activities (except for pre-and post-tour) of the XXXXIII International Apimondia congress will be available for beekeeping world audience on the Internet.
Such event as XXXXIII International Apimondia Congress is going to have a great influence not only over the development of the beekeeping industry in Ukraine, but also will strengthen the image and prestige of Ukraine in the world, and help to establish many important international relations that will significantly enrich the world’s apiculture.